Education Article for your Kids and make understanding for best school

Powered by Blogger.

Blogger Ethics: Book Reviews

Some ethical considerations for my blog are obvious to me:
  • I'm always honest, and do my best to be fair. 
  • I choose not to take any ads, because that's what I prefer in my internet experience. 
  • I don't even read most of the email solicitations I get, from people requesting to do guest posts, or asking me to link to their '10 Best X' sites. I have asked a colleague to do a guest post because I loved what she wrote on a small population email list, and I considered letting another blogger do a guest post here because I liked his blog (we just never worked out the details). To me a guest post must be from someone whose work I know and respect.
  • If I'm reviewing anything I got for free, I mention that fact.

But I've had a question in my mind for a while about book reviews, and haven't answered it yet.

Once in a while, when I see an interesting new math title, I request a review copy from the publisher. If it's good, I read it and review it, mentioning in the review that I got the book for free. (There's one book at least that I liked but haven't yet reviewed. I want to find time to look it over again before I review it.)

But if I don't like the book, my feeling is that the best thing to do is just not write a review. I think other people might like the books that I don't like; our reactions to books can be as varied as our reactions to any art.  If I say that I don't like a book, that requires evidence to back up my displeasure. But I don't want to bother with all that if I'm not fond of the book. I think I'd like to pass those books on to another blogger. Perhaps they'll find a reader who likes them better.

Is this the right thing to do, or is there some reason I ought to review the books I'm not fond of?

Share :

Facebook Twitter Google+
0 Komentar untuk "Blogger Ethics: Book Reviews"

Back To Top